cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chelsiesun
Community Member

How do I get Pearson links to open in a new tab and not within Canvas?

Jump to solution

I am taking a MyStatLab course this semester. The e-text open within the window in Canvas, because the course is integrated into Canvas. I absolutely love that, but when I go to make it full size I can no longer see the whole text and screen. Is there a way to get the link to open in a separate tab?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clong
Community Champion

Hi Chelsie,

I can't say for certain because I don't have access to the pages in your course but if it is using an iFrame to embed the content into Canvas here is a trick that should work for you.

1) Open the page with Firefox or Safari (Chrome doesn't have this option w/o installing an extension)

2) Position your cursor over the main content you want to open up in a new Tab or Window.

3) Right click and select "Open Frame in New Tab" or "Open Frame in New Window" (see picture below)

153191_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
clong
Community Champion

Hi Chelsie,

I can't say for certain because I don't have access to the pages in your course but if it is using an iFrame to embed the content into Canvas here is a trick that should work for you.

1) Open the page with Firefox or Safari (Chrome doesn't have this option w/o installing an extension)

2) Position your cursor over the main content you want to open up in a new Tab or Window.

3) Right click and select "Open Frame in New Tab" or "Open Frame in New Window" (see picture below)

153191_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post