How do I get a "Next" button at the bottom of my Home Page?

Jump to solution
tami_russell
Community Member

I created and published my home page in a course, but it does not have the "Next" button at the bottom of the page. How do I get one to show up so students can just click next to begin the first module?

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@tami_russell ​, every item that you want to be part of the module progression needs to be included in the modules. So, if you want your students to be able to click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the home page, the home page also needs to be the first item in the first module. You can create a module called "Home Page" or "Begin Here" to accomplish that, and then add the actual home page to that module. Follow the instructions here: How do I add items to a Module?

Alternatively, some designers choose to create a "Click Here" button that is linked to the first module or to the Modules List, and you would use the Content Selector panel to create that link; see What is the Content Selector in the Rich Content Editor?   You'll find additional resources on creating buttons in the Instructional Designers​ group, so if you're not already a member, you might want to join that group and browse through the ideas.

View solution in original post