cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodi_kawagoe
Community Participant

How do I get my syllabus content back?

Jump to solution

I was trying to enroll in Kung Fu Canvas and obviously went astray. I'm not sure what I did but the home page on all my courses has been changed to a Kung Fu Canvas welcome page starting with Admins - Follow this link to read the setup instructions, then DELETE this red text.

What is most problematic is that my syllabus description content is gone. From every one of my courses, past and future. Is there any way to get my original syllabus content back?

Kung Fu Canvas modules and assignments have also been added to all of my courses.

HELP!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jodi_kawagoe  

I know exactly what happened, and you have my sympathy. My office partner did the same thing, and since she has admin access, her download went to about 100+ professional development courses for our faculty - ouchie!

What you did was that in the "Import into Canvas" dialog box, you selected All, thinking that meant all the content; when in fact it means import into all courses.

299549_pastedImage_5.png

I would suggest contacting Canvas Support, as they can do some wondrous restorations on their end.  You can also often recover your syllabi by going to your school's test or beta accounts, which should have remained uncorrupted by this little boo boo.  You can learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13011-4152719755 

Good luck with all this,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jodi_kawagoe  

I know exactly what happened, and you have my sympathy. My office partner did the same thing, and since she has admin access, her download went to about 100+ professional development courses for our faculty - ouchie!

What you did was that in the "Import into Canvas" dialog box, you selected All, thinking that meant all the content; when in fact it means import into all courses.

299549_pastedImage_5.png

I would suggest contacting Canvas Support, as they can do some wondrous restorations on their end.  You can also often recover your syllabi by going to your school's test or beta accounts, which should have remained uncorrupted by this little boo boo.  You can learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13011-4152719755 

Good luck with all this,

Kelley

View solution in original post