cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mschellig
Community Member

How do I get ungraded assignments to show up in the grade book?

Jump to solution

All of my students proficiencies are pass/fail.  The students must complete these proficiencies to pass the class.  The instructors must be able to quickly enter the grades and without these in the grade book we cannot.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mschellig  if I'm understanding you correctly, then my recommendation would be to either (1) make it a graded assignment worth zero points and then choose the "Display Grade As" option of "Complete/Incomplete" or (2) create a zero weight assignment group and then put all of the proficiency assignments into this assignment group (and still display the grade as complete/incomplete) - the only advantage to this that you could put a point value on it, the point value just wouldn't count toward the final grade. Either way, doing this would allow you to have the assignment in the gradebook, but not have it impact the actual course grade. 

Hope this helps! Kona 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mschellig  if I'm understanding you correctly, then my recommendation would be to either (1) make it a graded assignment worth zero points and then choose the "Display Grade As" option of "Complete/Incomplete" or (2) create a zero weight assignment group and then put all of the proficiency assignments into this assignment group (and still display the grade as complete/incomplete) - the only advantage to this that you could put a point value on it, the point value just wouldn't count toward the final grade. Either way, doing this would allow you to have the assignment in the gradebook, but not have it impact the actual course grade. 

Hope this helps! Kona 

View solution in original post

mschellig
Community Member

Thank you

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Glad I could help!