cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_hartman
Community Participant

How do I grading the new quiz.next?

Jump to solution

I just switched over to the new quiz.next platform. I have a quiz that was due yesterday and I need to grade a couple of the short answer questions. However I am unable to get it into speed grades (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15075-4152887777 ) like that article says I should. I believe that I am missing something. I have attached an image the the only options I have.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @michael_hartman  Thank You for posting your question.  In looking at your screen shot that you attached to your question, it looks as though you are not only using the new Quizzes.Next quizzing interface, but you are also using the New Gradebook.  The screenshot you compared looks a bit different than the screen shots provided in the Guide that you also linked in your question.  So, in order to access the SpeedGrader for a particular student's Quizzes.Next submission, you'll need to go to your "Grades" page.  Next, find and click on the cell of the student for the quiz he/she submitted.  It will change to a cursor where you can input a score, but there will also be an arrow (pointing to the right) that will also appear in that cell.  Click on the arrow.  A sidebar for the student should slide out from the right side of your screen.  There will be a link to "SpeedGrader" underneath the student's profile picture...which should take you to the screen you are looking for.  Hope this helps, Michael.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @michael_hartman  Thank You for posting your question.  In looking at your screen shot that you attached to your question, it looks as though you are not only using the new Quizzes.Next quizzing interface, but you are also using the New Gradebook.  The screenshot you compared looks a bit different than the screen shots provided in the Guide that you also linked in your question.  So, in order to access the SpeedGrader for a particular student's Quizzes.Next submission, you'll need to go to your "Grades" page.  Next, find and click on the cell of the student for the quiz he/she submitted.  It will change to a cursor where you can input a score, but there will also be an arrow (pointing to the right) that will also appear in that cell.  Click on the arrow.  A sidebar for the student should slide out from the right side of your screen.  There will be a link to "SpeedGrader" underneath the student's profile picture...which should take you to the screen you are looking for.  Hope this helps, Michael.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

fraryc
Community Member

I see Chris's response is the only way I can find to get there. This is less than satisfactory when we are trying to get in and grade a class full of students. There needs to be a better solution - very clunky.

scho0410
Community Participant

I agree with Christina! I find it extremely frustrating that for all other graded items I can go to that page (review what is written for the students) and access speed grader from that assignment/discussion. Then when I go to an assignment created in quizzes.next there's no way to get to speed grader from that page.  I'm hoping this is just because it's still considered beta and won't be the long term solution, but would love a fix/connection to speedgrader from quizzes.next asap.