cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachssm
Community Participant

How do I hide picture source files from students?

Jump to solution

I have certain pictures I'm using on Canvas Pages.  I keep these pictures in a Files folder.  I would like the pictures to be inaccessible to students, other than their appearing on the Canvas Pages.

I tried unpublishing them, but then they are replaced with a "lock" symbol on the student Pages when I look in Student View.

I would rather not have to store these pictures online on one of my private websites and just use a URL to access them for the Canvas Pages.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks.

. . . Steve Sachs

LAVC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sachssm ​...

I re-read your question a couple times to make sure I was understanding what you were asking.  I think what you would want to do is use the "Restricted Access" option in "Files" instead of marking files as unpublished.  How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas?  This way, the files are not shown to students in "Files", and you can link to the images on your Canvas pages.  Does this help?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sachssm ​...

I re-read your question a couple times to make sure I was understanding what you were asking.  I think what you would want to do is use the "Restricted Access" option in "Files" instead of marking files as unpublished.  How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas?  This way, the files are not shown to students in "Files", and you can link to the images on your Canvas pages.  Does this help?

View solution in original post

sachssm
Community Participant

This seems to work.  Thanks so much!

. . . SMS