cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmaher

How do I increase the storage size on my course?

Jump to solution

My courses upload capacity is only 524.3MB but the content that I need to upload is a lot larger than that. How do I increase the storage so that I can upload all of the files (including video)

1 Solution
DerekDorsett
Community Member

Two-part answer: 

1. If you are not a Canvas admin ask your Canvas admin. 

2. If you are a Canvas admin, go to the course and then click settings. Under Course Details, you will see an area that says "File Storage." This is where you can increase the amount of storage in a course. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lmaher , if your school uses Canvas then you would need to talk with the Canvas Admin at your school about increasing your course size. If you are using Canvas Free For teachers then you would need to look at alternatives to uploading that much content. For example adding the video to YouTube and then embedding it into your course (this is actually what we recommend to our faculty) and the same for large files - upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and then add the link to your course in Canvas.

That's a great idea, thanks  @kona ‌

Hi Kona,

I was wondering, as a Canvas Admin, how would I go about increasing the storage limit for another instructor's class? Some of the content can't be published on YouTube.

DerekDorsett
Community Member

Two-part answer: 

1. If you are not a Canvas admin ask your Canvas admin. 

2. If you are a Canvas admin, go to the course and then click settings. Under Course Details, you will see an area that says "File Storage." This is where you can increase the amount of storage in a course. 

Tags (1)