cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shara
Community Participant

How do I locate my own Quizlet resources?

Recently I noticed that when I go to locate my own quizlets within the LTI inside of Canvas I can no longer search in the field by my username (when adding to a page / module / etc). Has anyone also found this to be true and / or have a work around to locate my own quizlet materials to pull into my courses?

Thanks much!

10 Replies
tillis_james
Community Member

I've tried to include several identifiers for just one group of flash cards I'm wanting to insert in a Canvas page, to no avail.  I'm wondering if you have to have a teacher's account for your flash cards to show in the search list (in the quizlet app within Canvas).  I also don't see a support (contact) email, phone number or live chat.

Anyone else tried to bring in a flash card set within the app in Canvas?  Suggestions?

Thanks

Tillis

rislis
Community Champion

We have the paid teacher version and aren't having any luck, either. I even renamed the Quizlet to include the teacher name. Otherwise, I felt like I was sifting through hundreds of examples called "Digital Citizenship."

#quizlet lti#quizlet app#quizlet#k-8 teaching#k12

dhulsey
Community Champion

I just embed Quizlet by hand with their embed code. I have never been able to find my own stuff with the RTE LTI tools with either YouTube or Quizlet. Smiley Sad

rislis
Community Champion

That's what I was determining as well. Sad use. Why have the LTI, then?

@jivedocs_unfede ‌

dhulsey
Community Champion

Many of the LTI's that fit into the rich text Editor were early experiments when Canvas was just getting started. The creators never went back and revised them as the LTI specification grew and gained more functionality. Perhaps these older tools should be retired, but some people may find use value even with the limited functionality. Smiley Happy 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shara ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

yyang
Community Participant

I am having this issue, too. I've tried using a different browser, etc but it is still showing "no results." Any updates would help if anyone has figured it out!

rislis
Community Champion

I've even tried a unique naming convention, but have had no luck. I end up telling my teachers to embed on the page instead of using the app. 

287566_Screenshot 2018-08-21 at 10.25.18 PM.png

sbridge
Community Participant

I heard from Quizlet after I contacted them directly on this issue and it sounds like they no longer allow commercial parties (Canvas) to have LTI integration. I searched the apps again today and don't even see Quizlet as on option anymore.  Quizlet stated they notified 3rd party users like Canvas in 2017 but had a grace  period.

Definitely disappointing but I don't see us getting it fixed.