How do I make a banner and set up a welcome page?

Jump to solution
lmontgomery769
Community Novice

I want to create a banner and welcome page.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lmontgomery769 ...

Banners (assuming you mean images) are normally created outside of Canvas using a graphics editing program such as Adobe Photoshop (or the open-source graphics editing software called Gimp).  Canvas is not a graphics editing program, so you wouldn't design banners in there.  Another option to quickly design banners is Canva.com (yes, that's "Canvas" without the "s").  You can design free banners in there, save them to your computer, and then upload them into your course pages.

As for designing welcome pages, there is a really great resource in the Community called Creating an inviting course home page.  I've seen other similar resources around the Community, so you might want to check out the Instructional Designers group to see if there are any other great resources for you...to get some ideas.  Another great resource to get ideas for welcome pages is Canvas Commons.  If you have access to Canvas Commons, you can preview any resources that's been shared to Commons to get ideas for your own course.  See How do I use Commons? and How do I preview resources in Commons?

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Lynette.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes