cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeannie-hacker-
Community Member

How do I make my modules available to users?

Jump to solution

My students and my student view do not show the modules I have in my course.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jeannie-hacker-  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  The first thing you'll want to check is to make sure that your "Modules" button on your left hand side course navigation is enabled.  If the word "Modules" looks grayed out, then it means either that (1) you don't have any content on that page published, (2) there is no content on that page, or (3) you've not enabled the "Modules" button so that it's visible to your students.  So, you'll want to first check to see if it's enabled.  Follow the steps outlined here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12933-415257079  Once you have confirmed that your "Modules" button is enabled for your students, then you'll want to check the "Modules" page itself.  Look through the content you have on the "Modules" page.  Do you see the green check-mark (published) next to the item names?  Are each of your modules published, too?  (This all assumes, too, that you also have published your course and set the course start/end dates in your course "Settings" screen so that your students will be able to access the course content.)  I hope this information will be of help to you, Jeannie.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jeannie-hacker-  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  The first thing you'll want to check is to make sure that your "Modules" button on your left hand side course navigation is enabled.  If the word "Modules" looks grayed out, then it means either that (1) you don't have any content on that page published, (2) there is no content on that page, or (3) you've not enabled the "Modules" button so that it's visible to your students.  So, you'll want to first check to see if it's enabled.  Follow the steps outlined here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12933-415257079  Once you have confirmed that your "Modules" button is enabled for your students, then you'll want to check the "Modules" page itself.  Look through the content you have on the "Modules" page.  Do you see the green check-mark (published) next to the item names?  Are each of your modules published, too?  (This all assumes, too, that you also have published your course and set the course start/end dates in your course "Settings" screen so that your students will be able to access the course content.)  I hope this information will be of help to you, Jeannie.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Chris,

Yes, very! I had not published the modules. I found their little green buttons.

Thank you for your timely reply!

Jeannie Cerulean

gayle_gullett
Community Participant

My students can't read Module 1. I have followed all of the directions--including going to Settings with dates and publishing it there.Students can see the other Modules.

Is Module 1 published? My guess is that your content might be published, but the actual module isn’t. See these directions for Help - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10114-4152180497 

Hope this helps! Kona