How do I not get emails about attendance?

Jump to solution
euyemura
Community Member

I am the instructor. i dpn't need an email telling me all the students who attended class each day. How do I turn it off?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @euyemura  Welcome to the Canvas Community. That is actually rather odd behavior, because Roll Call Attendance in Canvas is not something that will generate notifications on its own, to the best of my knowledge. In fact, if you check the Canvas Notifications PDF (which is linked at the top of How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor? ) you will see that attendance is not even a category where one can set a notification.  I just tried this with a sample account, and the only time a notification was sent was the first time I set it up and not for future attendance-taking.  (And you will not even get the first notification if you remember to turn off the notification for Grading, which is set to "notify me right away by default.")

So first, I would recommend you shut off the notification for Grading, since as the instructor you probably do not need that notification, as it is, but if they continue it is not because of anything in Canvas. My hunch is that your institution may have something set up internally so that you get notified and/or you are using a tool apart from the tool that is within Canvas.  It looks like your institution has Distance Ed resources here:  Faculty Resources .

Hope this helps a bit, Evelyn.

View solution in original post