cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahabreu
Community Participant

How do I open my courses?

Jump to solution

I looked up the Help information already provided, but it shows a toolbar on the lefthand side of the screen called "Global Navigation" where there's an option to click "Courses".. 

There is no sidebar that I can find anywhere on this site. There is no tab anywhere on my account to do with Courses, in fact. 

What do I do? 

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@sarahabreu ‌, these screenshots were very helpful! The home page screenshot you provided is of this community, which is not where you will find your courses. The Canvas Community is a place where people from around the world gather to exchange their ideas about how to use Canvas, and the participants here don't have access to specific course or school information. I see you're a student at Laramie County Community College, and I found this page on the school website that might help you get access to your courses in Canvas: Technology Services - LCCC | Laramie County Community College, Wyoming 

Hope this gets you on the right track!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hello,

Your Global Navigation might be minimized, you can hoover over the icons to see their full titled or look for an arrow at the bottom of the right hand side of the screen and click on that, the arrow allows you to expand or minimize the Global Navigation menu.

Hope this helps :smileylaugh:

sarahabreu
Community Participant

Thank you for the reply! I don't see an arrow in the bottom right hand corner or anywhere. I will try to post a screen shot of what I am working with, maybe you can help me from there. I don't even see any icons.. 

sarahabreu
Community Participant

So this is what the homepage looks like.Here is what my homepage looks like

sarahabreu
Community Participant

And here is what the help page shows that I should have access to, but I dont? 

279311_CanvasHelp.png

@sarahabreu ‌, these screenshots were very helpful! The home page screenshot you provided is of this community, which is not where you will find your courses. The Canvas Community is a place where people from around the world gather to exchange their ideas about how to use Canvas, and the participants here don't have access to specific course or school information. I see you're a student at Laramie County Community College, and I found this page on the school website that might help you get access to your courses in Canvas: Technology Services - LCCC | Laramie County Community College, Wyoming 

Hope this gets you on the right track!

View solution in original post

Hello  @sarahabreu  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  I completely agree with stefaniesanders on this one.  I've marked her answer as the "Correct" answer.  I reviewed the website that Stefanie provided for you, and I also found this web page which may be of additional help: Online Learning - LCCC | Laramie County Community College, Wyoming.  (I found this by hovering over the "ACADEMICS" menu at the top of the screen and choosing "Online Learning".)  Hopefully both of these resources will get you where you need to be for your courses.  Good luck, Sarah!

sarahabreu
Community Participant

Thank you so much, all of you. I'll do some digging on the links you gave me! Smiley Happy