cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyra-wilson
Community Member

How do I play an Articulate Storyline 2 presentation in the Canvas app?

Currently, I have an html file of an Articulate Storyline 2 presentation for one of my classes. When I try to play it through the Canvas app, it does not load correctly. It only shows a screen that says "next/previous." I can still play the file through Safari on my phone, but I would like to be able to use the app as well.

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@kyra-wilson , I apologize that your question has been sitting out here for so long without a response--but it appears you have the Community stumped! Were you able to devise a solution independently or with the help of Canvas Support, and if you were, would you take a moment to let us know what you discovered? In the meantime, I'm going to attempt to enhance the visibility of your question by sharing it with the Instructional Designers group, many of whose members have considerable expertise integrating Articulate Storyline presentations into Canvas, and with the Canvas Mobile Users​ group, to see if they've encountered similar issues with Storyline on the app.

DaleDrees
Community Champion

Our school is looking into Softchalk and Storyline 2 and it was one of the questions I asked too. I believe the correct answer is Softchalk and Storyline 2 do not work with the Canvas app but work great in mobile browsers.  snufer did mention that Articulate does have a mobile app but if it works great in the mobile browser than I think that would be okay.

SoftChalk Lessons - Better To Display Within Course or In New Tab?

schroederh
Community Member

I have been working with Storyline 2 and Canvas for the past few months.  I have not been able to successfully view Articulate projects uploaded directly into Canvas using the Canvas app.  We are able to view Articulate content that is uploaded to a server and then added as a link in Canvas through the Canvas app.

Dale, I just attempted viewing the Articulate lesson with the mobile browser on an Android phone and ipad.  I was able to successfully view items uploaded as Assignments using SCORM with the mobile browser on the Android phone.  The ipad required me to download the Articulate app.  It was not difficult to do and I was taken directly to the content after downloading the app. 

I also have Articulate content uploaded through files (unzip a zipped file).  I can view the html file for that content using a pc but need to use the html5 file to view the content through the browser on an ipad/android. 

Thanks for the tip about viewing the content through a mobile browser.  I'm glad to see that it worked!