cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makraft
Community Contributor

How do I prevent students from being kicked out a MasteryPaths module flow?

Jump to solution

How do I prevent students from being kicked out a MasteryPaths module flow and placed in the module itself?

After a student completes a quiz in MP, the Next button often displays a "tooltip" advising them to refresh the page because MasteryPaths is still processing. If they don't refresh and just click Next, they are booted out of the flow and into the module as if they had clicked on Modules in the navigation.

Here's a video demo I sent to Canvas support: Mastery Paths Processing Bug - Support 

Support's stance is that this is a beta tool so I should put in a feature request to ask that it work properly, but I'm hoping someone has found a workaround.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@makraft , unfortunately, yes, this is a known issue, and nope, I haven't heard of a work around other than the refresh page option. 

Sorry! Kona

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@makraft , I just checked and this does need to be created as a feature idea. If you go ahead and do this, could you include the link to the idea? I'd like to comment and vote on it!

Kona

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@makraft , unfortunately, yes, this is a known issue, and nope, I haven't heard of a work around other than the refresh page option. 

Sorry! Kona

makraft
Community Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply  @kona ‌. Since this is a known issue, is it safe to assume somebody is working on it and we really don't need to put in a feature request?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I know there's been discussion about this, but I'm not sure if I've seen an actual feature idea for this. Let me do some checking/asking and see if I can find out the best way to proceed. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@makraft , I just checked and this does need to be created as a feature idea. If you go ahead and do this, could you include the link to the idea? I'd like to comment and vote on it!

Kona