cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkabat
Community Participant

How do I print grades for progress reports for midterms?

Jump to solution

Help!  I would like to print my student grades for our midterm progress reports, these aren't final grades, just how they are doing so far.  I'd like to include any printed notes I've entered. I can access each student's nicely organized grade by clicking on their name in the grades window, but I have 300 students and this would take forever to print them one at a time!  Is there a shortcut to just print all grades for a class?

Thanks so much in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hkabat ​, I'm stealing borrowing this response from  @James ​. I hope you find it helpful.

This is a frequent question/feature request here in the Community. Here are some related links that might provide additional information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hkabat ​, I'm stealing borrowing this response from  @James ​. I hope you find it helpful.

This is a frequent question/feature request here in the Community. Here are some related links that might provide additional information.

View solution in original post

Chris_Munzo
Community Champion

Heather -- Our Dropout Detective solution allows you to print grades on each student every day -- a Daily Report Card:

Overview K-12.PNG

@Chris_Munzo ​ -- could you explain further about your Dropout Detective and from where you drew this screen shot and use it?

Thanks.

Hi, Cynthia!  I am with AspirEDU, Inc. -- we're an Alliance Partner of Canvas and we built two solutions for student retention -- Dropout Detective and Instructor Insight.  The screen shot is from Dropout Detective; we have about 60 Canvas schools using it.  We retrieve data from Canvas each night related to each student's performance across all courses that we are supporting.  We risk-rate each student on a scale of 0-100 (like a credit score) and present individually-tailored dashboards back to users via LTI integration.  So if I'm an advisor that supports students in, say, the business program, I would see only my students in my dashboard.  Please see below for a screen shot of the "main" dashboard from within Canvas.

When I click on a student's name in my dashboard, the panel from the above screen shot pops up.  You can see it's the "Overview" tab.  On that tab, we list all courses and all grades, along with course access dates, last date of a submitted assignment (the LDA) and other info from the student's profile.  There is a view for admins / advisors (across all courses) and an instructor view (just my course).  Our separate solution, Instructor Insight, provides metrics on the performance and engagement of instructors in their courses.  Please feel free to write me directly at chris@aspiredu.com if you would like to discuss or set up a webinar.  Thank you!

Main Dash Canvas - July 2015.PNG

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

cholling, we've just started our third year with Dropout Detective and find it amazingly helpful for finding and monitoring at-risk students as well as students who are doing ok. As an admin I've never had access to this level of data before (especially not in such a easy to use/understand format) and faculty really like it as well.  Smiley Happy