cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzank
Community Participant

How do I "migrate" course materials?

Jump to solution

How do I "migrate" an entire course to a ZIP file and then upload it to a new class? Also, how to I "migrate" part of a course--one bank of test questions--to a ZIP file? Hope this makes sense.

Tracy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @tzank ...

How do I "migrate" an entire course to a ZIP file and then upload it to a new class?

I can answer this question for you.  It's actually not even necessary to put your course in a *.zip file in order to upload it to another course.  As long as you have two courses (one course shell where your content currently resides and one course shell that is completely empty), you will be able to copy course content easily.  In fact, I just replied to someone earlier this morning about a very similar question, so I'll point you to: Development shell to live course in Canvas.

I'm hoping that someone with more experience with test banks will be able to chime in about your second question.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @tzank ...

How do I "migrate" an entire course to a ZIP file and then upload it to a new class?

I can answer this question for you.  It's actually not even necessary to put your course in a *.zip file in order to upload it to another course.  As long as you have two courses (one course shell where your content currently resides and one course shell that is completely empty), you will be able to copy course content easily.  In fact, I just replied to someone earlier this morning about a very similar question, so I'll point you to: Development shell to live course in Canvas.

I'm hoping that someone with more experience with test banks will be able to chime in about your second question.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tzank  

You can use the Course Copy process to directly copy the entire content of one course into another course, and you can also use it to copy just specified content - like a question bank.

Check out the Course Import Tool chapter in the Instructor Guide for detailed how-to information. Specifically, you will want to review:

I hope these are helpful,

Kelley