cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lvicars
Community Member

How do I rearrange my cards on the dashboard?

Jump to solution

I know that I've rearranged mine so that they are in order by section but I cannot advise a colleague. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
u0031312
Community Member

Ah, but there is a way! Just click and hold on a card you want to move. Drag it down/up and drop it before a card (this bumps that card rightward) or between two cards (bumps the rightmost card down). Slow but sure.

jfh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, lvicars...

Currently, there is not a built-in way to re-arrange the course cards on your Canvas Dashboard.  There are a couple things I can point you to, however.  First, there is a "Canvancement" script developed by  @James ‌ that can be used individually or can be installed at your school's Canvas account level (so that it would be available for everyone) called Sorting Dashboard Course Cards.  However, there is also a Feature Idea that's been submitted that is now listed as "In Development" called https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5371-reorder-dashboard-boxes" modifiedtitle="true" title="Reor....  I'm not exactly sure on the timeframe as to when Instructure would have this completed, however.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Lisa.

u0031312
Community Member

Ah, but there is a way! Just click and hold on a card you want to move. Drag it down/up and drop it before a card (this bumps that card rightward) or between two cards (bumps the rightmost card down). Slow but sure.

jfh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@u0031312  Thank You for revisiting these old conversations! Yes indeed, it's now possible for the user to rearrange course cards, as depicted in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10588-4212717404 (the process is the same for an instructor).

Hi  @u0031312 ...

Yup...  My response from September 10th was correct at the time, but then on December 8, 2018, Instructure released a new feature that made  @James ‌' "Canvancement" obsolete: Canvas Release Notes (2018-12-08)🙂

James
Community Champion

And as proud as I was of the script, I'm glad to see it go Smiley Happy