cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klyons
Community Member

How do I reorder the dashboard so that active courses are listed first?

Jump to solution

I have courses where I am a student for training purposes, courses that are unpublished master copies, and active courses. How do I reorder the dashboard so that the courses I am actively working in are first and in order?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @klyons  Welcome to the Canvas Community. The question you ask is a good one and one that has been raised periodically.  Unfortunately, you cannot reorder the dashboard unless you follow the instructions given by the Community resident genius  @James ‌ here: Sorting Dashboard Course Cards . This will involve adding a browser add-on to your computer. Since this is a browser add-on, be aware it will not "travel" with you and will only run on the computer where you have installed the browser add-on and script that James wrote.  James also gives--at the top--links to feature ideas, the first one of which (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5371-reorder-dashboard-boxes ) is, at least, noted as being in development.  So stay tuned! This should indeed be in Canvas some day.

I hope this helps, Kim.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @klyons  Welcome to the Canvas Community. The question you ask is a good one and one that has been raised periodically.  Unfortunately, you cannot reorder the dashboard unless you follow the instructions given by the Community resident genius  @James ‌ here: Sorting Dashboard Course Cards . This will involve adding a browser add-on to your computer. Since this is a browser add-on, be aware it will not "travel" with you and will only run on the computer where you have installed the browser add-on and script that James wrote.  James also gives--at the top--links to feature ideas, the first one of which (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5371-reorder-dashboard-boxes ) is, at least, noted as being in development.  So stay tuned! This should indeed be in Canvas some day.

I hope this helps, Kim.

View solution in original post