cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordon_farrer
Community Participant

How do I save a rubric?

Jump to solution

I've added a rubric to a course but there's no Save button. Has it been automatically saved? If I leave the page to do a rubric for the next assignment will I lose this rubric?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gordon_farrer
Community Participant

Thanks for your tips.

The problem was solved quite easily via Live Chat and was just a matter of confusion about how Canvas labels its buttons.

To explain:

To create a rubric while in an Assignment page I hit the "+RUBRC" button and filled in the details of the assignment with criteria, points ranges etc.

I then looked for a Save button but there wasn't one. The only button was "CREATE RUBRIC". At that point I had already created my rubric, I just needed to save what I had done. I thought hitting "CREATE RUBRIC" would start a rubric and feared I would lose what I had already created if I left that page. In fact, the "CREATE RUBRIC" button is the equivalent of a Save button. Confusing.

Anyway, it's now sorted. Thanks.

Gordon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @gordon_farrer  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you follow the instructions in either of these Guides, your rubric should be saved.

Once you are familiar with adding a rubric to a course/assignment, you might want to take a look at a "Canvancement" by  @James ‌ that I often point people to.  James has developed a process to import a rubric using an Excel spreadsheet.  I use it all the time, and it has literally saved me hours upon hours of time building rubrics row by row.  Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet

I hope this information will be of help to you, Gordon.

gordon_farrer
Community Participant

Thanks for your tips.

The problem was solved quite easily via Live Chat and was just a matter of confusion about how Canvas labels its buttons.

To explain:

To create a rubric while in an Assignment page I hit the "+RUBRC" button and filled in the details of the assignment with criteria, points ranges etc.

I then looked for a Save button but there wasn't one. The only button was "CREATE RUBRIC". At that point I had already created my rubric, I just needed to save what I had done. I thought hitting "CREATE RUBRIC" would start a rubric and feared I would lose what I had already created if I left that page. In fact, the "CREATE RUBRIC" button is the equivalent of a Save button. Confusing.

Anyway, it's now sorted. Thanks.

Gordon

View solution in original post