cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roy_rosnik
Community Member

How do I set Observer Privilages?

Jump to solution

How do I set the privileges of an observer to communicate with a student?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi,  @roy_rosnik . If you are the Canvas admin for the account, you can view and modify permissions for each default role and add custom roles, What user roles and permissions are available in Canvas? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @roy_rosnik ‌, I could be wrong and the communication is tied to a different permission but I don't think the observer role can communicate with anyone.  It is designed to be like a parent so they communicate with the student at home, not through Canvas.  For obvious reasons, the "parent" can not communicate with anyone else through Canvas.

-Nick

Nick,

Thank you for the reply. After reviewing this document from Canvas - it appears that observers could communicate through Canvas with students. I just need to know how to find the permissions to allow it.

Remember not all students live with both parents and special education teachers are often set as observers.

Roy Rosnik

Applications and Research Laboratory

Project Lead the Way

Aerospace Academy

awilliams
Community Champion

Hi,  @roy_rosnik . If you are the Canvas admin for the account, you can view and modify permissions for each default role and add custom roles, What user roles and permissions are available in Canvas? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos