cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shollis
Community Participant

How do I share pages from one course to another?I

Jump to solution

I have built  master course to store all of my pages, modules, etc... for the entire year.  I want to be able to pull pages and modules from that master course into my other courses that are linked with Harmony. How do I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shollis ​,

You can use the Import Content into this Course feature that is located on the Settings menu from the left side Navigation.  You can select an entire course to copy or just pieces of a course.  For instructions see How do I copy a Canvas course?

Robbie

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shollis ​,

You can use the Import Content into this Course feature that is located on the Settings menu from the left side Navigation.  You can select an entire course to copy or just pieces of a course.  For instructions see How do I copy a Canvas course?

Robbie

View solution in original post

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @shollis 

If you haven't already, you might also investigate whether or not your institution is currently utilizing Commons: Ways to Use Commons

shollis
Community Participant

I had just figured this out!!!  Question though - can you import only one module at a time?

Stacy:

You can import one module or down to just one item in a module - just click the expand icon next to the module name. It is the same with all the content areas - simply expand and pick just the items you want to copy.

I hope this helps.

shollis
Community Participant

Yes, Kelley!!! THANKS!!!

shollis
Community Participant

Another question since I have you here... when I build a module and put an assignment or quiz in it, will students be able to see it when they open the module?  How do I hide it from them until I am ready to assign?  Publish/unpublish??

heidi1
Community Contributor

How do I get authorization to view the link you included in your response?

Heidi

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:14 PM, kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu <

shollis
Community Participant

So... looks like it is safer to NOT include quizzes as part of the module - I can assign them later when I am ready!