Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwarddpowers3

How do I stop Canvas from emailing me?

Jump to solution

Canvas frequently sends emails to my personal email notifying me of different assignments and notifications. While this could be a useful to me if I could specify certain notifcations, instead Im flooded with email after email causing my inbox to clutter up. Is there any way to remove my email from the system or just have canvas stop emailing me directly?

Thank  you very much in advance for any suggestions/answers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

Hello Edward.

You'll want to adjust or disable your notifications.  You can get to it by logging into Canvas, clicking on Account (top left), then Notifications on the menu that pops up.  There you can adjust the notifications.  Each type of notification has a setting - Immediate, Daily, Weekly, or Never.  If you need some of the notifications but just want less of them, turn them to Daily or Weekly to receive a summary at the end of the Day or Week.  If you don't need that notification at all, turn it to Never.  

If this is a matter of you wanting all email to go to a different email address (such as a school email instead of personal) go to Account, then click Settings on the menu.  On the far right, there's an option to add a Contact method.  That'll add a different email.  Then when you do your notifications, turn off everything for your personal email, and set it as you wish for your school email.

Here's some guides with screenshots:

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2281 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
abunag
Community Champion

Hello Edward.

You'll want to adjust or disable your notifications.  You can get to it by logging into Canvas, clicking on Account (top left), then Notifications on the menu that pops up.  There you can adjust the notifications.  Each type of notification has a setting - Immediate, Daily, Weekly, or Never.  If you need some of the notifications but just want less of them, turn them to Daily or Weekly to receive a summary at the end of the Day or Week.  If you don't need that notification at all, turn it to Never.  

If this is a matter of you wanting all email to go to a different email address (such as a school email instead of personal) go to Account, then click Settings on the menu.  On the far right, there's an option to add a Contact method.  That'll add a different email.  Then when you do your notifications, turn off everything for your personal email, and set it as you wish for your school email.

Here's some guides with screenshots:

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2281 

Hope that helps!