Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powell81

How do I submit my self intro in the discussion in my class.

Jump to solution

I am having a hard time trying to get to the correct location tom submit my assignment in the discussion section of my class and I am panicking because i am lost. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @powell81  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you've posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where people from around the world come to ask questions, submit new Feature Ideas, write blog posts, collaborate, attend online virtual events, review "how to" Guides, and a lot more...all about Canvas.  The vast majority of Community users don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or the course in question you are asking about.  However, we can give some general direction that may help you.  First, have you reached out to your instructor to see if he/she could help you?  You can contact your instructor by following the information outlined in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌  Next, in your course, you might see a "Discussions" menu item along the left hand side of your screen.  If you see that menu within your course, look in there to see if you see the discussion topic.  If the topic is graded, you may also see it listed in the "Assignments" menu within your course, too.  However, both of these menu items may be hidden from you (depending on how your instructor has chosen to set up the course content).  If you cannot see either of these menu options, check to see if you have a "Modules" menu.  Often, instructors will hide certain menu items and have students access all content via the "Modules" menu instead.  Beyond that, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your instructor...as he/she would be the best one to assist you on how to go about completing the assignment.  Good luck, Tiffany.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @powell81  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you've posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where people from around the world come to ask questions, submit new Feature Ideas, write blog posts, collaborate, attend online virtual events, review "how to" Guides, and a lot more...all about Canvas.  The vast majority of Community users don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or the course in question you are asking about.  However, we can give some general direction that may help you.  First, have you reached out to your instructor to see if he/she could help you?  You can contact your instructor by following the information outlined in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌  Next, in your course, you might see a "Discussions" menu item along the left hand side of your screen.  If you see that menu within your course, look in there to see if you see the discussion topic.  If the topic is graded, you may also see it listed in the "Assignments" menu within your course, too.  However, both of these menu items may be hidden from you (depending on how your instructor has chosen to set up the course content).  If you cannot see either of these menu options, check to see if you have a "Modules" menu.  Often, instructors will hide certain menu items and have students access all content via the "Modules" menu instead.  Beyond that, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your instructor...as he/she would be the best one to assist you on how to go about completing the assignment.  Good luck, Tiffany.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this.

0 Kudos

Thank you I didn’t know that how embarrassing sorry thank you for the heads

up I appreciate it.

Thanks again

Tiffany

HI  @powell81 ...

No need to feel embarrassed.  We love to help out here in the Community!  Please come back any time if you have any general questions about Canvas.  That's what we are here for.  Community members helping Community members.  🙂