Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronmoore

How do I switch from 24hr to AM/PM times?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Students will begin class where I teach on Tuesday. I've just noticed that the due dates for things are on a 24hr clock and I think this will confuse my students because they typically only use an AM/PM clock. I looked and was not able to find a setting for this anywhere. I have a ​Free for Teachers​ account. How do I switch this setting?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey All,

Did some checking and found out that 24 hr time is associated with the UK English pack.  Aaron's course settings are currently set to UK English.  If he changes that setting, his course should revert back to 12 hour time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aaronmoore ​, just to clarify, your problem is that instead of seeing 11:59pm (for example) for an assignment due time you are seeing 23:59? Is that correct?

I checked my Free for Teachers account and created a few assignments and everything was automatically set to AM/PM times. I don't even see where you could switch this to a 24 hour clock/military time.  @Renee_Carney ​ do you have any idea what might be going on with this?

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey All,

Did some checking and found out that 24 hr time is associated with the UK English pack.  Aaron's course settings are currently set to UK English.  If he changes that setting, his course should revert back to 12 hour time.

Thanks  @scottdennis ​! That's good information to know!

Thanks  @scottdennis ​, I had set it to UK English because I teach in Canada and encourage spellings in the UK style like colour not color. Didn't think to check if that had anything to do with times. I've set it to US English. Thanks for helping me solve this!