Jump to solution

How do I upload my syllabus to canvas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michellez
Community Contributor

Hi  @jlarus ! Welcome to Canvas! When you are in your Canvas course, go to "syllabus" on the left hand side of the page. Click the edit button on the upper right side and you will see a window for the rich text editor where you can "cut and paste" your syllabus. Or you can write from scratch, but no reason to do so since your syllabus is complete. Once you do this, your syllabus will be available to anyone on the page.  You can set this as your home page or just leave it on the syllabus page.  Students will be able to easily find it either way.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
michellez
Community Contributor

Hi  @jlarus ! Welcome to Canvas! When you are in your Canvas course, go to "syllabus" on the left hand side of the page. Click the edit button on the upper right side and you will see a window for the rich text editor where you can "cut and paste" your syllabus. Or you can write from scratch, but no reason to do so since your syllabus is complete. Once you do this, your syllabus will be available to anyone on the page.  You can set this as your home page or just leave it on the syllabus page.  Students will be able to easily find it either way.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jlarus ...

@michellez  has given you some great advice here to help get you started.  Since you already have a MS Word document with your Syllabus information, another option for you is to follow the steps that Michelle outlined to "edit" your Syllabus page...but instead attach a file inside the RCE (Rich Content Editor).  Check out this Guide to see if it might help: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12991-415265829 

Let us know if we can answer any more questions for you about this topic, Jo Ann.  Hope this helps!