How do I weight grades?

Jump to solution

Can you help me weight grades?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeneW-P
Community Participant

Hi Jackie, Use assignment groups to weight grades. From the Assignments link in the course navigation, choose assignments. Create a group, then either move existing assignments into that group, or create assignments for that group. Edit the group (not the individual assignments) to determine the weight for the group. 

This Canvas guide may help: How do I create rules for an Assignment Group

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeneW-P
Community Participant

Hi Jackie, Use assignment groups to weight grades. From the Assignments link in the course navigation, choose assignments. Create a group, then either move existing assignments into that group, or create assignments for that group. Edit the group (not the individual assignments) to determine the weight for the group. 

This Canvas guide may help: How do I create rules for an Assignment Group

View solution in original post

In order to adjust the weights for each assignment group you need to click on the three vertical dots at the top left which are next to the +Group and +Assignment buttons. Then click on "Assignment Groups Weight". Be sure the box is checked for "Weight final grade based on assignment groups". Then enter the percent for each group. Be sure the total adds to 100%!

Does this still work if you already have closed grades for the term?