How do i get my Fall 2019 Classes Published

Jump to solution

I signed up for a class and a lab it program says they are not Published?????#

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there  @massillonman37  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It sounds like you are a student, Ralph.  If I'm assuming correctly, then publishing a course that you are taking is not something that students can do.  This is controlled by the instructor.  I don't know exactly when your course begins, but generally speaking instructors will open up (publish) their courses on or near the start date of the course.  It might be the case that your instructor is still preparing some of the content in the course and is not ready to make it available to you and your classmates yet.  In summary, publishing the course is up to each instructor, but since each school that partners with Instructure (the folks that make Canvas) handles the way courses are published differently, the vast majority of people here in the Community (well over 400,000 of us) wouldn't be able to give you specifics on that.  Hopefully your course will be published soon so that you can begin to being course work.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there  @massillonman37  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It sounds like you are a student, Ralph.  If I'm assuming correctly, then publishing a course that you are taking is not something that students can do.  This is controlled by the instructor.  I don't know exactly when your course begins, but generally speaking instructors will open up (publish) their courses on or near the start date of the course.  It might be the case that your instructor is still preparing some of the content in the course and is not ready to make it available to you and your classmates yet.  In summary, publishing the course is up to each instructor, but since each school that partners with Instructure (the folks that make Canvas) handles the way courses are published differently, the vast majority of people here in the Community (well over 400,000 of us) wouldn't be able to give you specifics on that.  Hopefully your course will be published soon so that you can begin to being course work.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

massillonman37
Community Member

Thank you. I am also not sure what it is or the meaning of it but i know it must be important or they wouldn't be available. So thank you for explaining about publishing I have had this instructor and he is awesome. Very knowledgeable in Criminal Justice system and a excellence instructor who care for his students and wants them to leave at the end of his semester  knowing he has done everything possible to get the students thru the class with the best grade they could possibly achieve.  

@massillonman37 ...

Glad to hear it!  Good luck to you with your studies!