How do students find my attachment in SpeedGrader

Jump to solution
jmerriam
Community Contributor

I'm trying to find the easiest way to do this AND have it crystal-clear for students. If I attach a file to a specific assignment in SpeedGrader, where does the student look to find and read my attachment? Up to now, I've been emailing the attachment to students because I want to make sure they see it, but that involves an extra step for me. I guess I need to see what the student sees when I attach a file in SpeedGrader.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @jmerriam ...

I am assuming that you are asking about file attachments when you are commenting on student work in the SpeedGrader.  If so, there are two places I can find where students would be able to access those attachments.  The first is on a student's "Grades" page.  How do I view my grades in a current course?  Using this Guide, students can click on the "Show All Details" button on their screen, and they would see something like this:

InstructorAttachment.jpg

You can see that I've attached an Excel file with my comments from today.  Also, students can click on the name of the assignment on their "Grades" page (in this case, the assignment name is "Talk Like a Pirate Assignment".  On the next screen a student will see, the comments will be displayed on the right side of the screen, and the file attachment will be accessible there, too.

FileAttachment_StudentView.jpg

Hope this helps a bit!  Sing out if you have any other questions.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes