cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urgent
Community Participant

How do students find my course?

Jump to solution

I'm wanting others to find and take my course on CPR, how can they find my course? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Community Champion

Hey  @urgent , it looks like you might be using our Free-For-Teachers version of Canvas. I think I understand what you are trying to do and would recommend the lesson, How do I customize visibility options for a course? There are a number of other useful resources listed in the that lesson. Let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @urgent ...

The first thing to ask is, can you see your students listed in the "People" page of your Canvas course?  If so, this is a good thing.  This means that your students are enrolled and should have access.  However, there are a few other things you'll want to check:

• Is your course "Published"?  Your course needs to be published in order for any of your students to access the course.  How do I publish a course?
  • Are your course start/end dates in your course "Settings" screen correct?  You'll need to make sure these dates are correct and that you are allowing your students the access they need within these boundaries.  Check out this Guide: How do I change the start and end dates for a course?

If you have confirmed all these details, your students should be able to log in to Canvas and access your course.  Here's a short video tutorial for students: ‌.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Micah.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this.

urgent
Community Participant

Our course is a little different, where there is no set start/end date. It is a free CPR, AED and First Aid course for the public. Our goal is for as many people to take our course as possible, which were able to do easily on Canvas.net. 

Can anyone find our course and take it? Or are these private courses that only individuals who are invited via email can take the course (like Apple iTunes U)?
awilliams
Community Champion

Hey  @urgent , it looks like you might be using our Free-For-Teachers version of Canvas. I think I understand what you are trying to do and would recommend the lesson, How do I customize visibility options for a course? There are a number of other useful resources listed in the that lesson. Let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post

urgent
Community Participant

Thank you so much, this solved it! Our course was unknowingly set to 'Course' instead of Public and listed in the public courses index, thank you so much!