cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbaum1
Community Member

How do students print my files so that the file listing does not show and the document prints exactly as it appear in Word or PDF?

How will my students be able to print the documents that I post to a file so that it appears exactly as the Word or PDF document (without the list of the contents of the file and without disorienting the document on the printed page?

Thank you for help!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jbaum1 ‌ - As you have already likely discovered, the box file previewer service does not have a built-in printing application.  The best way students can do this is, frankly, to download the file and open it in its native application.  You said in your question "so the file listing does not show," so I assume that you have hidden the FILES menu area and are simply linking to the documents within (for example) a Page or an Assignment.  Students can still simply right-click over the hyperlink and download the file directly onto their computers.   Wording on the context menu will vary, but in Chrome (for example), if a student right-clicks over the file link, one of the options is Save link as... , which will allow them to download the file and then print it.  This is true even if you hide the FILES menu area itself.

Hope this helps.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jbaum1 ‌...

I thought I'd check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this discussion topic since around the middle of February.  Have you had a chance to review the response given by  @kblack ‌ on February 19th?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for assistance with your question?  If Ken's response did answer your question, please go ahead and mark his question as "Correct", but please let us know if you are still seeking help with this question.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope this is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.