cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpowell4
Community Participant

How do students watch a recorded conference they missed?

Hello.  I am trying to see how the conference feature works for hosting live sessions as well as recording the meetings for any students who missed a session.  I have tried some trial runs with the record feature selected and turned on within the conference screen, but when I end the session, there is no option to select the past conferences and watch them.  The screen sharing, polling, and white board features are great, but I don't understand what the record feature is for if you can't allow students to watch it again.  What am I missing?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @rpowell4  and  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Big Blue Button (Conferences) recordings will be available, but not immediately; under normal circumstances they can take up to 24 hours to appear as links. This recent conversation explains how to access them (scroll to the bottom for screenshots): Accessing Recorded Conferences 

awilliams
Community Champion

Hi  @rpowell4 , when a recording is available it should appear as it does in the images of How do I use the Conferences Index Page? Normally it's only a few hours for a recording to appear, but due to a significant increase in usage, it may take up to 24 hours for the recording to appear currently.

millar
Community Participant

I've looked around for an answer to this question.  Why would some conference recordings in a class be available to students and others not?  As an admin I can see all of the recordings after dropping down the conference name, but students can only see certain ones.

Thanks, in advance, and sorry if this was answered somewhere else.  (We're in the same boat as other schools.)

rpowell4
Community Participant

Thank you for the responses.  I was able to finally view my trial run conference after a few hours, so I am making sure that my students are aware that although they may see the conference listed, viewing it may take several to 24 hours.  I had 3 "classes" already today - so far, so good!

awilliams
Community Champion

Hey  @millar . Hmm, I'm not sure off the top of my head. Is it possible that not all of the conferences were started? Can you share a picture of what it looks like to you versus what it looks like to students?