cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitman_11
Community Participant

How do you create a new question bank?

I want to have a pool of many questions from which a quiz will draw randomly. Carmen guides say that question groups are the way to do this. Question groups must be linked to "question banks". So I have to create the bank first. 

However, the question bank feature is hard to find, and (at least for me) impossible to use once you find it. I learned from the guides to access it by going to the Quizzes tab, clicking on the settings, and then choosing "manage question banks." Once I was there, I had the option of adding a new bank, but there appears to be no way of adding questions to it, or even saving it. What am I missing?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @whitman_11  

Since you are already familiar with the Guides, I won't bore you by linking back to them.

Once you have created a new question bank, or wish to revise an existing one, then simply click on the QB title to open it up where your options will then include..................

1. Add a Question
  2. Edit Question Bank Details
  3. Move Multiple Questions  
  4. Delete Question Bank
  5. Verify Question Bank Bookmark (by default new Question Banks are bookmarked automatically)
  6. Align Outcomes

I hope this is helpful, but if not then just let me know.

Kelley

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Oh yeah, I almost forgot................

After you give your QB a name, you save it by hitting "Enter".

That simple!

Kelley

j_ronchi
Community Participant

Hi Kelley,

Thanks for the info above.

Would you know if you can build a Question Bank by "importing" Quizzes already existing in a Course, or importing from the Commons?

Thanks

Joel

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening,  @whitman_11 ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted your question on March 11, 2019.  I see that  @kmeeusen  provided you with a couple responses later that day.  Have you had a chance to review his feedback?  Did it help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to one of his replies.  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know that as well by posting a note below so that we might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and also because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since June 17, 2019.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that is okay with you, Philip.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.