cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hritonenko
Community Member

How do you import quiz questions from Word format into CANVAS?

Jump to solution

How do you import quiz questions from Word format into CANVAS?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Victoria,

Canvas does not have a feature to directly import quiz questions from a Word file.  You can copy and paste individual parts of questions to create them in Canvas, but not the entire file at once.  There is a 3rd party product named Respondus 4.0 which does import Word files formatted in a specific manner into Canvas.  They have a 30 day free trial if you want to check it out.  The main down side is that it only runs on Windows computers.

https://web.respondus.com/he/respondus/

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Victoria,

Canvas does not have a feature to directly import quiz questions from a Word file.  You can copy and paste individual parts of questions to create them in Canvas, but not the entire file at once.  There is a 3rd party product named Respondus 4.0 which does import Word files formatted in a specific manner into Canvas.  They have a 30 day free trial if you want to check it out.  The main down side is that it only runs on Windows computers.

https://web.respondus.com/he/respondus/

Rick

View solution in original post

delzack
Community Member

@hritonenko I would recommend using GetMarked. I have been using it for the last few months and i'm have been very impressed with the ease and precision of their quiz document conversion. Practically any Word quiz that i have on my computer converted without issue. Unlike respondus, sadly.

gnoack
Community Champion

I would check with your publisher, mine usually offer the textbook in multiple formats.  Also, they may have an exam creation tool that will allow you to create and export quizzes in a format that Canvas will accept, such as a QTI file.  I've done this before with ExamView or TestGen.  It was a pain, but it was still faster than recreating questions in Canvas. 

If your institution has an instructional design department, they should be able to aid you.