cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duncan_purves
Community Member

How do you manually add students to an auto-generated discussion group?

Jump to solution

For some reason, when I created automatically-generated discussion groups, some students were not assigned to a group. Is there a way to manually assign them after the groups have been created? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hello,  @duncan_purves ‌!

Using the Canvas Guide - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10015-4152225018 - as our framework, let me walk you through the steps:

• In your course, go to People
  • Then find the Group Set you created as a tab (this was what you titled it, most likely when you created your discussion topic)
  • Then in the "body" you will see all of the automatically created groups, populated with students. On the left you will see the students that did not get assigned.
  • This is where the guide above comes in handy, as now you are manually assigning students. Find a student that was not assigned and click+drag them to a group to populate them. Do this for the other students that need a group.

Let us know how things work out for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hello,  @duncan_purves ‌!

Using the Canvas Guide - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10015-4152225018 - as our framework, let me walk you through the steps:

• In your course, go to People
  • Then find the Group Set you created as a tab (this was what you titled it, most likely when you created your discussion topic)
  • Then in the "body" you will see all of the automatically created groups, populated with students. On the left you will see the students that did not get assigned.
  • This is where the guide above comes in handy, as now you are manually assigning students. Find a student that was not assigned and click+drag them to a group to populate them. Do this for the other students that need a group.

Let us know how things work out for you!

View solution in original post

This worked! Thank you so much!

Best,

Duncan

Glad I could help out,  @duncan_purves ‌!