cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvillanu
Community Member

How do you move a survey in "Quizzes" to Excel?

Jump to solution

We gather information from students prior to meeting them in the form of a survey. We use "Quizzes" to ask them about their former studies. How do we move that information into an Excel spread sheet? It used to be straight forward in Canvas before, but the export functions don't offer options in the current version. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
levi_magnus
Community Participant

There is currently no option to export quiz analysis reports in Quizzes.Next. You actually cannot even make a survey in Quizzes.Next yet. So I assume David is using the regular quizzes, in which case Steve has outlined the correct steps to download the desired student response data in a spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @dvillanu 
I'm not sure if you're using the standard quiz interface or the new Quizzes.next. In the old interface it's easy: go into the quiz/survey as a teacher and click "Survey Statistics" on the right. On the next screen click the "Student analysis" button. This will create a spreadsheet you can download showing each student's response to the questions.

We haven't started using Quizzes.next yet so I'm not sure if it's possible there. If that's what you're looking for, you could try posting your question in the Quizzes.Next User Group

levi_magnus
Community Participant

There is currently no option to export quiz analysis reports in Quizzes.Next. You actually cannot even make a survey in Quizzes.Next yet. So I assume David is using the regular quizzes, in which case Steve has outlined the correct steps to download the desired student response data in a spreadsheet.