cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carter_253
Community Member

How do you unlock a discussion that you initiated as a student?

Jump to solution

I created a discussion thread and set it to publish at a future date. I now would like to edit the information before it is published but I can not access it. I can not even delete it. Help.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @carter_253  and welcome to the Canvas Community. Unfortunately, it appears that while you can create a board as a student, there is no way for you to go back and edit it once it has been created. I just tested in my sandbox course, creating a discussion as a student and then trying to edit it. No go 😞 At this point, I believe your only option is to ask the instructor if they can edit the post for you before it goes live.

To me this might be considered a bug or a feature request depending on how you look at it, since you created it you should be able to edit it. If you like, you can jump over to the Ideas area of the community and search to see if anybody else has had the same idea. If not you can submit a new idea to have the developers add the edit option as a new feature.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @carter_253  and welcome to the Canvas Community. Unfortunately, it appears that while you can create a board as a student, there is no way for you to go back and edit it once it has been created. I just tested in my sandbox course, creating a discussion as a student and then trying to edit it. No go 😞 At this point, I believe your only option is to ask the instructor if they can edit the post for you before it goes live.

To me this might be considered a bug or a feature request depending on how you look at it, since you created it you should be able to edit it. If you like, you can jump over to the Ideas area of the community and search to see if anybody else has had the same idea. If not you can submit a new idea to have the developers add the edit option as a new feature.

View solution in original post