cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatcher_bohrma
Community Participant

How does canvas populate the To do and Coming up lists in a course?

How does canvas populate the To do and Coming up lists in a course? What is the date range?

Thanks

4 Replies
brian_t_anders
Community Contributor

I believe the 'To Do' list just shows all assignments/discussions/quizzes that you have not submitted that have due dates earlier than today and all assignments/discussions/quizzes that you need to complete in the next 7 days (including today).

The 'Coming Up' list shows all assignments/discussions/quizzes that you need to do in the next 7 days (including today) regardless if you completed them or not.

jonesn16
Community Champion

As I understand it, for students it will grab anything that's due in the next 7 days and build its "To Do" list. Items will stay in the list until completed or until four weeks have passed. The "Coming Up" section is similar, but only shows the next 7 days of due dates. It does not keep items for four weeks.

For instructors, the "To Do" list is everything that has been submitted that needs grading, regardless of due date. The "Coming Up" section should function like the student "Coming Up" — a shortlist of the coming week's assignments, whether or not they have been submitted.

Here's some resources:

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@thatcher_bohrma ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

jwr0015
Community Participant

This is helpful but it still does not answer the question precisely.

What exactly does go into the "To Do" list? Is there a discreet itemized list? In seeing that list I can determine what I need to do (how I can clothe my item) to make items not normally found in the "To Do" appear in that list.