How does one duplicate a quiz (or have a roundabout way)?

Jump to solution
jwitulski
Community Participant

How can I duplicate a quiz?  I have two classes for Year 2 ASL and I set up an assignment using Quizzes where one class signs statements using money signs that the other class can answer and vice versa.  To avoid hard work duplicating the assignment (I can make changes in the questions itself) with the same format, I would like to duplicate the original 'quiz'. 

I did a search here in Canvas, nothing. A lot of things can be duplicated but not an assignment, specifically in Quizzes section. Is there a roundabout way other than question banks?  #assignments quizzes

TIA

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @jwitulski 

Are the classes in separate Canvas course shells? If so, the you can simply do a course copy, and just copy the quiz into the second shell. Learn how at How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

Otherwise, you could export just the quiz, then re-import. Canvas will append a "-2" to the copy. Learn how at How do I export a Canvas course? and How do I import a Canvas course export package? 

And finally, you could upload your quiz to Canvas Commons, then download it back into your course, again Canvas will append a "-2".  Learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16703-4152725303   and How do I upload an item from Commons to my course? 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes