cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmiller15
Community Member

How import publisher's Canvas test bank?

I want to import a publisher's test item bank. The publisher (Cengage) has a bank that is programmed for Canvas.  However, when I try to import, in the drop down menu inside Canvas, I don't see an import Canvas item bank option.  There is Blackboard, QTI, etc.  I've tried the available options just out of curiosity, but they do not work.   Any guidance is appreciated.  Thank you.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kmiller15  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  This might not be totally related, but do you have the Cengage LTI external app installed in your school's Canvas environment?  I think this would be installed by your school's local Canvas administrator at the account level so that it's available for all courses at your school (whether they use it or not is up to each instructor in each course).  Cengage Learning  I'm not sure if the test bank items would be available after the LTI is integrated with Canvas or not, but I thought I'd at least mention this external tool is available.

kmiller15
Community Member

I will look into this. Thank you, Chris!

klee13
Community Member

I have the same question as Kathryn's original question.  I don't have the Cengage LTI external app installed.  I have the test bank just don't know what format to choose in order to import the data.