cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcomiza
Community Member

How is quizzes.next different for the student?

Jump to solution

Maybe I haven't looked in the right places, but I was expecting quizzes.next to have new tools for the student taking the quiz and I'm not finding anything about that. I would like students to have a red pen to cross out multiple choice answers they've eliminated, highlighter for identifying key parts of the directions, and that sort of thing. These are the main complaints from my students when they say they don't like taking assessments on Canvas and would rather have them on paper. Does anyone have information on this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, jcomiza...

As I was reading through your posting, it sounded like you're requesting some new features that might not yet exist in the new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine.  You'd want to submit those (one idea per submission) following How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community? and How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?.

Also, I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look here, but there's an entire group dedicated to the new quizzing engine: Quizzes.Next User Group.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  Also, next to this button is an "Actions" button.  Select that, and then choose "Join group".

I hope this helps, Jennifer!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lenzeb
Community Participant

jcomiza‌ I have heard a rumor that the highlight and pen function is on the roadmap for quizzes next but I can't confirm it with anybody. One way that quizzes next is different that helps students a lot is with reading or picture stimulus the questions appear side by side in the same window so students don't have to scroll or click back when answering questions tied to the stimulus. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, jcomiza...

As I was reading through your posting, it sounded like you're requesting some new features that might not yet exist in the new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine.  You'd want to submit those (one idea per submission) following How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community? and How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?.

Also, I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look here, but there's an entire group dedicated to the new quizzing engine: Quizzes.Next User Group.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  Also, next to this button is an "Actions" button.  Select that, and then choose "Join group".

I hope this helps, Jennifer!

View solution in original post