cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_Petruzella
Community Champion

How is the To-Do List sorted?

Jump to solution

I've noticed that the To-Do List (both on the Recent Activity page and on a specific course Home page) doesn't seem to show a clear pattern of organizing To-Do items. They don't consistently appear chronologically by due date, nor by Assignment type. Does anyone know?

Tags (1)
22 Replies
costwink
Community Participant

kejoutra​   @kona ​

Kerry - here is some information on what we were discussing this AM.  This information seems to largely relate to the faculty view - but some student info. is present.

We are hearing from students/faculty that students are relying on the To Do list to check due dates, etc. without going to the full calendar and/or course.  They are then missing things as not all items seem to be posted to the To Do list.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yep, this happens ALL THE TIME.

About the only thing that helps is to include links to the content and/or directions directly in the assignment (or to-do list item). It's also why we recommend making the Modules the course home page.

sbastian
Community Participant

Yes! I just heard from a student this weekend asking why she is not seeing everything that is due in the to-do list!

Is this expected behavior? There is also no "more" link at the bottom when I masquerade as the student (checked in both Firefox and Chrome).

I'm going to recommend she not rely on the to-do list, but when students log into Canvas, that's what they see at the top of the side bar on the right. Confusing to them for sure!