cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pazoro
Community Member

How many students can a free account have?

Jump to solution

how many students can I have in my free teacher account?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tlampley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Greetings  @pazoro  Smiley Happy

Welcome to the Canvas Community!  It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, albeit virtually!

Your question sparked my curiosity, so I found myself tumbling down the rabbit-hole on your behalf (chivalry is not dead)!

At any rate, there is no set quota on the amount of students, that can be associated with a Free For Teacher Account. 

Nevertheless, be aware *foreboding music playing* that an excessive amount of student associated in the account will cause utilities like People, Gradebook, and other CANVATASTIC tools to simply not load! *horrific screams*

I asked Canvas Support if they could provide a "cap" amount.  While I'm sure the reticence to provide such a number is to deter users from "pushing the envelope",  I did get a clue that numbers past 65 start, what I will call: "the great unpleasantness" Smiley Sad

But that's not all!  I've also included some resources regarding the Free For Teachers Account, that--all joviality aside--I hope you find helpful:

Canvas Account Comparison Document 

Canvas Free For Teachers Account: Overview 

NOTE: Thank you to those who designed the second link, it wasn't me!  We are in education, where plagiarism is a high-crime after all! Smiley Happy

Again, Welcome and Have a SUPER Day!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tlampley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Greetings  @pazoro  Smiley Happy

Welcome to the Canvas Community!  It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, albeit virtually!

Your question sparked my curiosity, so I found myself tumbling down the rabbit-hole on your behalf (chivalry is not dead)!

At any rate, there is no set quota on the amount of students, that can be associated with a Free For Teacher Account. 

Nevertheless, be aware *foreboding music playing* that an excessive amount of student associated in the account will cause utilities like People, Gradebook, and other CANVATASTIC tools to simply not load! *horrific screams*

I asked Canvas Support if they could provide a "cap" amount.  While I'm sure the reticence to provide such a number is to deter users from "pushing the envelope",  I did get a clue that numbers past 65 start, what I will call: "the great unpleasantness" Smiley Sad

But that's not all!  I've also included some resources regarding the Free For Teachers Account, that--all joviality aside--I hope you find helpful:

Canvas Account Comparison Document 

Canvas Free For Teachers Account: Overview 

NOTE: Thank you to those who designed the second link, it wasn't me!  We are in education, where plagiarism is a high-crime after all! Smiley Happy

Again, Welcome and Have a SUPER Day!

View solution in original post