cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruthakrishna5
Community Member

How often is TurnItIn used by professors?

Jump to solution

I would like to know some statistics on how often professors opt to use turn-it-in.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhulsey
Community Champion

Hi, Amrutha! I am not sure we can provide you the statistics you are looking for. Some schools use Turnitin, other schools use similar services from other companies (Unplag, for instance), and some schools do not have a plagiarism solution integrated into Canvas.

On any campus that does have a plagiarism solution like Turnitin, usage rates among faculty will vary.  On my own campus, Turnitin is available to all instructors, and I would estimate that about half of them use Turnitin at least for some assignments.

You might wish to contact Turnitin directly as they would likely have a better idea about adoption and usage rates. Of course, I am not sure that they would wish to disclose those numbers, but it might be worth asking.

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dhulsey
Community Champion

Hi, Amrutha! I am not sure we can provide you the statistics you are looking for. Some schools use Turnitin, other schools use similar services from other companies (Unplag, for instance), and some schools do not have a plagiarism solution integrated into Canvas.

On any campus that does have a plagiarism solution like Turnitin, usage rates among faculty will vary.  On my own campus, Turnitin is available to all instructors, and I would estimate that about half of them use Turnitin at least for some assignments.

You might wish to contact Turnitin directly as they would likely have a better idea about adoption and usage rates. Of course, I am not sure that they would wish to disclose those numbers, but it might be worth asking.

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post