cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pasakorn_ball

How to Fix Roll Call Attendance

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am currently teaching 3 classes via Canvas. Two of the class works perfectly. However, I am facing a problem in my third class - I cannot take attendance. There suppose to be a list of names for me to do roll call, however, as you can see below, it only show a summary and there is no option for me to change it at all.

Could you kindly tell me how can I solve this issue?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you!

I have found out that I am being enroll as both student and teacher! Once I fix that, its works!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Welcome to the Canvas Community,  @pasakorn_ball ​. 

That's rather unusual behavior, and is almost exactly what a student would see from the GRADES menu area once Roll Call Attendance is established.  (And this was from the Attendance menu area, correct? The only reason I ask is if you somehow may be listed as a student rather than teacher in the course, but then if you were, you would not have the Attendance menu link at all, to begin with!)  Very puzzling. 

Roll Call Attendance is a separate, plug-in feature to Canvas, and my one thought is to simply try again.  But if you continue to run into this issue of not being able to take attendance at all, it may be worthwhile filing a Help ticket with them and selecting REPORT A PROBLEM, as outlined here:  How do I get help with Canvas?  (Be aware this may go to your institution's support center first for them to relay onto to Canvas after checking some things at their end.) 

Thank you!

I have found out that I am being enroll as both student and teacher! Once I fix that, its works!