How to Restart Failed Video Upload to Studio?

Jump to solution
sharked
Community Novice

For the second time in 24 hours, the upload of one of my videos from Studio in Canvas has failed.  This time I have the video data captured on my computer in the "Screen Recorder" folder.  Subfolder is "Data" and files mostly end in ".vc"

Because Screen Recorder stalled (and reported a "failed" upload, I cancelled out of it) and tried to upload one more time from the start within the open window and nothing happened ("0% file uploading" message for 10+ minutes) -- which led me to decide it was a screen freeze so I closed out of the window.  Now, I cannot figure out how to get the files uploadeding again. 

Can someone please help me avoid having to re-record another lecture?  I really don't have time for this failure of technology given the work at hand.  Thanks!

2 Solutions
tdw
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @sharked ‌,

I'm sorry you're running into these issues - nobody wants to have to do things twice (or thrice!).  Do you mind saying when you first tried to upload it, or when you second attempt was?  The reason I ask this is because on the 20th there was some emergency maintenance on Arc, basically to fix errors when uploading videos.  If you haven't tried since yesterday I really hate to say "try it again" - but the engineering team has made some improvements to alleviate this.

Instructure Status 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sharked
Community Novice

Thanks, the other post re green video w/audio might have also been me as I did post a question about this earlier.  On a positive note, by accident, I just figured out how to go "Back to My Recordings" on the upload window when uploading another video into Studio.  When I hit this link, I saw my "lost" file again and I'm now in the process of re-uploading it.  Why there isn't a FAQ about how to get to this "Back to My Recordings" area, or better yet, a link on the main video recording page or within Studio to get to it, escapes me.  I've wasted A LOT of time (mine own and that of others like you) today before stumbling on what appears to be a solution. 

View solution in original post