cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaron_bahmer
Community Contributor

How to View Courses Belonging to Sub-Account Level Only?

I'm the Canvas admin at our campus. We have a nicely hierarchical account structure, but have a couple of courses tied to our highest level.

When viewing accounts, the default view shows Courses. By that, it means all courses in the current account and all child sub-accounts. So, I get a list of every course in this view.

Assuming I don't know the names of the courses or the teachers associated with those classes that live only at this account level, how can I filter to see only those?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Aaron,

You can't really filter to a certain sub-account level (and nothing lower) in the GUI view.  Your best bet for tracking down those courses is to generate a Provisioning Report of the courses.  This will give a a spreadsheet of all the courses which includes a field specifying which sub-account they belong to.  From there, you can search or filter the spreadsheet on that field to track down the courses.

There's a little information on generating reports atHow do I view reports for an account? 

and on what's included in different reports at

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/CanvasDefaultAccountReports.pdf 

Mike

aaron_bahmer
Community Contributor

@mzimmerman , ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

jschaffer
Community Champion

@aaron_bahmer ‌,

If you have Admin Access why not try navigating the the admin shield > sub-accounts, and then selecting the account that you want to see courses for?  if you are in that account and in the courses tab then you should have your results limited/filtered. 

Depending on how many there are or what information you need, this could be quicker for you.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason Schaffer

aaron_bahmer
Community Contributor

jschaffer

A reasonable idea, but the account I'm looking at is the parent of all other sub-accounts with courses, so *all* courses show up here. It's a needle in the haystack problem.

Luckily for me, the provisioning report suggested above worked well to find these odd classes.

~ Aaron

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aaron_bahmer ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Robbie, thanks, I'm good for now. Still a thorny thing to do from the very top.