cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayle_gullett
Community Participant

How to access individual ungraded paper

Jump to solution

I want to download papers one at a time to grade. How do I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @gayle_gullett ...

The directions in this Guide, How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader? (check out the section on "Download Submission") should help you.  There is also this Guide: How do I download all student submissions for an assignment?   However, you may want to do your grading all online...especially if it is a MS Word document or PDF file that your students are submitting to you.  That way, you can annotate directly on the submission within SpeedGrader, and all your annotations and comments are saved.  Check out this video tutorial: .

I hope this information will be of help to you, Gayle.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @gayle_gullett ...

The directions in this Guide, How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader? (check out the section on "Download Submission") should help you.  There is also this Guide: How do I download all student submissions for an assignment?   However, you may want to do your grading all online...especially if it is a MS Word document or PDF file that your students are submitting to you.  That way, you can annotate directly on the submission within SpeedGrader, and all your annotations and comments are saved.  Check out this video tutorial: .

I hope this information will be of help to you, Gayle.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello again,  @gayle_gullett  Thank You for posting your question.  I have locked your other thread, how download one assignment, because I determined that you were asking a very similar question over there, but I had already started to provide help in my above reply.

You had said:

Hi Chris,

Perhaps this is more clear: I want to download ungraded papers one at a time so I can grade them and then upload them one at a time.

Gayle

You can certainly download student submissions one at a time...similar to how you did this in Blackboard (though I've hardly ever used Blackboard, so I don't know exactly how that worked for you).  I've provided links (above) for how you could download student submissions individually (or all at one for any given assignment).  If you were to then grade the assignments "offline" and then wanted to re-attach the assignment back to the student, then you would want to use the instructions outlined in this Guide: How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?  

I'm not sure if you and your school are new to Canvas or not, but I would really encourage you to consider using the SpeedGrader to do your grading...especially if your students are submitting MS Word documents or PDFs to you.  This really eliminates the need for you to have to download the files to your local PC first.  You can annotate directly in the SpeedGrader, and you can also make comments, attach files (as described above), or even leave audio/video comments.  Again, I would encourage you to review the video tutorial link I posted above.  These are all the written Guides on how to use the SpeedGrader.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Gayle.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks.

gayle_gullett
Community Participant

Thanks so much Chris. Speed Grader is exactly what I wanted. I've been playing with it and it's great.