cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChandlWM
Community Contributor

How to add questions from a quiz to a question bank?

Jump to solution

I created several questions but now I want them added to a bank.  Next time I will create them in the bank and then add them to a quiz.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

ChandlWM

The method used to get question banks created would be to create a quiz export where the quizzes reside, then import that newly created export .zip file back into the course. Choose the "QTI .zip file" when picking an import type.  This will most likely duplicate the quiz, but you can deleted the duplicated quiz and keep the question bank.  In addition, since there are quizzes that already exist within the course I would suggest selecting: "Overwrite assessment content with matching IDs".

I would also recommend testing this in either your test or beta environment or in a development course.

For information on How do I export Quiz content from my course?​ click on the link.

What is the Course Import Tool?

Robbie

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

ChandlWM

The method used to get question banks created would be to create a quiz export where the quizzes reside, then import that newly created export .zip file back into the course. Choose the "QTI .zip file" when picking an import type.  This will most likely duplicate the quiz, but you can deleted the duplicated quiz and keep the question bank.  In addition, since there are quizzes that already exist within the course I would suggest selecting: "Overwrite assessment content with matching IDs".

I would also recommend testing this in either your test or beta environment or in a development course.

For information on How do I export Quiz content from my course?​ click on the link.

What is the Course Import Tool?

Robbie

View solution in original post

ChandlWM
Community Contributor

Thanks.

ChandlWM
Community Contributor

When I import the file back into any one of my courses, it the quiz shows up but the questions don't pop up into the "unfiled" question bank like it is supposed to do.

ChandlWM
Community Contributor

Okay I figured it out.  When importing, choose QTI file import, and then it works.  I was choosing some other import.

cohenf
Community Participant

To improve this, I strongly suggest being able to select questions from a quiz and then to add them to a bank. This work around of export and then importing is too complex.

fnasri
Community Member

Thank you this solved my problem!

mmoore1
Community Contributor

Thank You!

rswengel
Community Contributor

This process does not work for me.  I exported the quiz as a QTI file and then imported it into a Sandbox class I created. I did the import after creating an empty test bank with an appropriate name.  Even though I selected the bank when I executed the import the questions did not go in to the bank.

So????  Suggestions.

ChandlWM
Community Contributor

I am not sure at the moment. I'll try it this evening and see if it still

works or what the glitch may be. A canvas update could have changed

things. I will check tonight.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM, rswengel@perryschools.org <