How to adjust just one student's score to remove lateness penalty

Jump to solution
erica_wagner
Community Participant

I have one student who submitted her quiz on time but for some reason canvas "lost" it, so she had to resubmit after the due date.

It is a graded survey (worth one point to every student who completes it). I assigned the point to each student via the "fudge" point, as each question on the survey was set to zero points. But I can't hand override her score or the lateness penalty within speed grader or the grade book itself, and going back later and adding 0.3 points to the penalized students "fudge" score isn't working. Her score still displays as 0.7 points out of 1.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

It is hard for canvas to "lose" a quiz submission.  I would ask the student to get confirmation from canvas support with a ticket number that I can follow up on as proof, if that was reported to me. 

With a resubmission, speedgrader sometimes needs a box to be checked to "use the same score for this submission."  You might also check the list of attempts in the upper right corner to see which attempt is displaying for your fudge points, and check whether you have set the score to keep the latest or highest attempt. 

In the gradebook you can remove the late tag on the right side menu that pops out when you click the arrow next to her score.  You can change the indicator to "none" or change the number of days late, as appropriate.  If you do not have that option, it is something to ask support about.

View solution in original post