Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtorres1
Community Contributor

How to change the text of the help button

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the word 'Help' below the question mark icon within the course? I'd like to change it to say 'Student Support' with the hopes that our students will use the resource more often.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Champion

To change the size of the icon, add this to your global CSS file:

.ic-icon-svg.ic-icon-svg--help {

width: 100%;

}

Not sure about changing the button text. I didn't have time to play with that one.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

jtorres​, as far as I'm aware the only way to do this would be through some custom global javascript. I'm not able to help with this, but I'll share it with the Canvas Admins​ & Canvas Developers​ groups in the Community.

jtorres1
Community Contributor

Thank you!

MattHanes
Community Champion

jtorres​, just to make sure I give you the right information, could you possibly show us a screenshot of the Help button you are trying to change?

jtorres1
Community Contributor

It's the help button in the lower left corner. I'm also trying to resize the icon to be larger. I unchecked the width box in the console to get the size I'd like, I'm just not sure how to make the change permanent. I have attached those images as well.

Help Button.png

Help Icon Small.png

Help Icon Large.png

MattHanes
Community Champion

To change the size of the icon, add this to your global CSS file:

.ic-icon-svg.ic-icon-svg--help {

width: 100%;

}

Not sure about changing the button text. I didn't have time to play with that one.

View solution in original post

jtorres1
Community Contributor

That worked beautifully! Thank you so much! I have one more piece I'd love help with that I am going to tag in you, if you have a moment. Thank you again so much!